"Voyage to the Golden City of Jaisalmer & The land of Victory - Longewala"

The definition of life for me is not about living the same week for a few thousand weeks and calling it so-called "Life". Most of us die at 30 and get buried at 85 and I don't want to live that life at all.

The rich invest in making memories, the poor invest in making money. I try to keep myself surrounded by quality people with a positive attitude towards life to keep myself feeling alive.

Dalai Lama has said "Once a year go someplace you've never been before" which I rigorously follow. After all being in places that I have never been before is one of my favorite hobbies.

This destination was in my wish list for a long time though I don't know why I waited so long to visit the Golden City of Jaisalmer and the land of the victory Longewala.

Life is full of happy and dull moments and we cannot avoid any of them, whatsoever moment steps into our life must go away after a certain time frame. In order to add some beautiful moments, I decided to read the Jaisalmer chapter of my beloved book "Travel".

Post thinking much I booked a return ticket to Jaisalmer with an intention of traveling solo though something much exciting was waiting for me.



The Long Journey
My train ticket didn't get confirm so I had to switch my mode of travel to bus at last minute, which was a 24 hours bit hectic journey, also including a long layover with a change of buses in Jodhpur wherein we enjoyed delicious Rajasthani traditional lunch. However, I didn't feel bored throughout the long journey because of a travel companion who joined me at the very last minute from Delhi.
We finally reached Golden city late evening wherein a group of as big as 63 members was waiting to greet us with loads of memories and friends for a lifetime.


The much-awaited moment
It was one of my dreams to spend overnight in mid of Thar desert gazing at stars throughout the night, which really got accomplished more pleasantly than I had expected to be (thanks to my new friends).


We literally did hardcore camping in mid of desert, carrying all necessary stuff ourselves with no access to any additional resource or motorable road till miles which was an impeccable experience in itself and words are too less to describe it.


The Patriotic and the last day of 2019
While everyone was preparing for New Year's eve, my plan was to devote the last day of the year to remember the sacrifices made by our soldiers for the mother nation. The plan was to visit Longewala - The land of victory wherein Indian soldiers created historical achievement in December 1971 by ruining the dreams of the Pakistani army to have 'breakfast in Ramnagar, lunch in Jaisalmer and dinner in Jodhpur'. 
In the battle of Longewala, 120 Indian soldiers defeated Pakistani battalion of as big as 30 times of their strength, which has later been recognized by several international bodies too.

I would recommend every traveler to must-watch the documentary movie at Longewala war memorial whoever is planning to visit Jaisalmer.

Enroute we also visited Tanot Mata Temple which is popular for not getting impacted despite 3000 bombs being thrown by the enemy near temple premises which is known as God's miracle. There is a prayer room inside the temple wherein pilgrims tie handkerchiefs along with their prayers.

The day was awesome but the freezing temperature after the dark was not so favorable. I had to ride 160 kms from Tanot temple to our base camp in 4-degree temperature which has impacted my health. Though it's a part of the journey, after all. No gain is worthy without having pain.

The remaining hours of the year were devoted to the music party in the middle of the Thar desert which was the best New Year party I have ever experienced.


The Last Hurrah
"Mujhe Ghar Nahi Jana ". Every story has an end to it likely or unlikely. It was time to say goodbye to the dreamy world we were enjoying from the last 4 days as practical life was waiting for us in the crowd of the metro city.

Though 18 hours of the train journey from Golden City to Metro City was another great part of the trip where I got a chance to interact with my new friends and filter quality friends for a lifetime.

Never put off expressing your desires, your days on this planet are numbered and with the passage of time you grow old. Most of us postpone our dream vacations until we become too old to fully enjoy it.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" - Saint Augustine


Expected damage to your pocket.
Though its totally up to you but I can give you overview.

Transport – Jaisalmer is well connected with Air, Train and Bus from all major cities, cost depends on distance and advance purchase.

Accommodation – You would find hostels starting from Rs.300 per night until 5-star luxury property (Including heritage hotels) at Booking.com and other major websites.

Food – It’s quite economical and authentic.


You may refer to this URL for booking related assistance  Travel Apps

More than happy to help travelers, Feel free to approach for any queries at Prateeksapra.p@gmail.com or 9910326647.






















 























Comments

  1. it must have been very tough while coming back from longwala to the camp on motor cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, infact I am still suffering from cold since that ride but it was fun.

      Delete
  2. vijaya bhaskara reddy maluchuru

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bhutan – The Land of Thunder

Dayara Bugyal Trek || My First Winter Trek

Voyage to Mukteshwar and Kasar Devi (Hidden Gem in Himalayas)